Google developed a line of digital media players named Chromecast. Google Chromecast can stream any content from your computer or phone on the screen. This device can be plugged into any monitor or TV with the help of the HDMI port. Moreover, there are no subscription fees to use Chromecast. You can add the extension of Videostream for Google Chromecast. Moreover, this magnificent app has over 1,000,000 users. You just need to search and click the button add to chrome. Now you can enjoy unlimited video streaming.
What does Video Stream offer?
This extension has 17 languages, which means you can watch your favorite videos in 17 different languages whichever is suitable for you. You can also connect your mobile phone without launching a video stream. Thus, you can watch and browse the desired movies and videos without opening the desktop app.
It can perform multiple tasks like playing the downloaded videos or your local videos on Chromecast or TV directly from the computer or the phone. Moreover, subtitles are supported, and it also works offline or when the tab is closed. Hence, this app will make your cozy weekends more exciting and joyful.
Local Host 5557 Error
While using Video stream, sometimes an error occurs. Local Host 5557 Error causes trouble in loading subtitles, complete loss of subtitles, or tries to open Video stream on chrome. This shows an empty page, and the video would not appear. Moreover, sometimes a blurred video window appears. This error is usually due to authorization issues localhost 5557 google OAuth start.
How To Fix This Error?
To solve this frustrating and irritating error, there are many methods for different users. Just follow these steps and methods to resolve this error.
If you are using Norton security, here is what you need to do, Open Norton, settings, firewall, then go to program control. Afterwards, go to the video stream in a list, and then modify it. Lastly, uncheck the “active” box in both and apply.
The localhost 5557 Err_connection_refused error can be resolved by just simply following these steps
- First, open google and type chrome://flags/ in the search engine. Afterwards, a secret google menu will appear on your window.
- Second, hold the Ctrl button and press F then a search bar will appear. Now you type view cast dialogue in that search bar.
- Third, a screen will appear with the view cast dialogue; you have to change it from default to disable.
- Now you have to search for upcoming UI features and change it from default to disable.
- Lastly, click on the Relaunch now button.
- Afterwards, Google will be relaunched. Now you can watch videos easily.
Another method to fix localhost 5557 google OAuth start is to open firewall permits and change the port number from 5557 to 5558.
This error can also be solved with the following steps
- Firstly, uninstall Videostream.
- Secondly, open the command prompt and hit the windows key and type cmd. Now you will see cmd.exe at the top of the list. You have to right-click it and run as administrator.
- Thirdly, you have to enter certain commands.
- Type netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name = “Videostream Chrome” dir=in action=allow protocol=TCP localport=5557.
- Type netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name = “Videostream Chrome” dir=in action=allow protocol=TCP localport=5558.
4. Lastly, install Videostream again with compatibility mode for windows 7. Right-click it and select properties. Now a window will appear, click compatibility on it and run the program.
Now, this error will be gone, and you can continue to watch movies and shows again.
This is another, and the last method that might help you to get past the localhost 5557 google OAuth start error.
- First, you have to uninstall any version of the app if you have any.
- Second, download it again from the VS website.
- Third, run the setup and navigate to C:\users\folder name\Appdata\Videostream\videostream.exe. Run this on windows eight compatibility mode and reboot.
- Now delete all the firewall rules regarding VS and reboot. Then, open windows with advanced security and inbound rules.
- Afterwards, you have to create three firewall rules specifying ports.
- C:\User\ ‘Your Folder’ \AppData\Local\Videostream\videostream.exe – Private Network Only / TCP / work on specific ports: Range – 5556-5558
- C:\Users\ ‘Your Folder’ \AppData\Local\Videostream\app-0.3.6\videostream.exe – Private Network Only / TCP / work on specific ports: Range – 5556-5558
- C:\Users\ ‘Your Folder’ \AppData\Local\Videostream\app-0.3.6\videostream-native\videostream-native.exe – Private Network Only / TCP / Port set to ‘Any’ and now Reboot again
- Then unplug Chromecast from the device and power supply and reconnect it.
- Now relaunch the VS.
Sometimes extensions you have added to chrome may also cause generating errors. Because these extensions are not by Google but by third parties, they are highly doubtful that they won’t work as they intended to do. So they can cause errors like err_connection_refused.
To remove such extensions, you can open the extension menu on google and when the extensions appear on the screen just slide them on the left to remove them. Now after you have switched off all the extensions and the error has now disappeared, then you can add extensions and rerun VS to find out that one culprit extension. And then you can delete that one by pressing the delete button.
And that’s it. Your favorite shows and movies will be on the big screen again, and you can have a good time watching them with a bowl of popcorn and beverages.
It is the best app and platform to watch and browse movies on the big screen from your computer or phone, but sometimes it gives localhost 5557 google OAuth start error. These six methods will get you out of errors you are having trouble watching a movie that you were planning to watch and waited for months for it.